Development Tubes?

Jack Campin (jack@cee.hw.ac.uk)
Tue, 29 Nov 94 14:47 GMT

Beakman wrote:
> I was thinking that if I had a JOBO style tube which I could use as a jug
> for my developers, all I would have to do is open one up, insert the print,
> close it up, develop, open it up, and remove the print. I think this would
> cut down on the evaporation (and I wouldn't have to clean up any trays).

> Does anyone know of any sources for cheap tubes as I have described?
> Does anyone have any ideas for making their own? If I was to make one
> from PVC or acrylic tube (it doesn't have to be light tight), what sort of
> adhesives would stand up to the chemistry? A 5" diameter tube would be
> large enough to hold a 16x20 sheet of paper.

How about the big black plastic circumferentially-ribbed screw-cap food
storage jars used by canoeists? The ones sold here are made by BDH for
chemical storage - all canoeing shops have them, complete with embossed
"Hazardous Chemicals" lettering. They come in a range of sizes. No idea
how light-tight they are, though (this shouldn't matter a lot, should it?)