Re: Large Halftone Screen

Patrick Charles Renschen (pcrensch@apricot.wustl.edu)
Tue, 2 May 1995 08:16:51 -0500 (GMT-0500)

On Tue, 2 May 1995, David Soemarko wrote:

> > That is one way to get large negs/pos. Depending on the size of the
> > halftone you may not even tell that they were spliced together.
>
> How about the place where you splice them, will it show as a line or a
> band because of the splicing tape?

Dave,

I don't know about other people, but I have never gotten silkscreen to
print well at a halftone size finer than about 85 dpi. When I said you
may not notice I was referring to the pattern itself. You want to make
sure the dots all stay in a row, so to speak, through the splice. My guess
abput the lines where the negs meet or those created by the tape, would
be to fine to be recorded, although there might be a slight change in exposure
in those areas.

Is it large materials or lack of space that keeps you from making big negs?

Patrick Renschen