Re: Larger negative

Greg Schmitz (gws1@columbia.edu)
Wed, 17 May 1995 14:11:16 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 17 May 1995, Judy Seigel wrote:

> But if you were concerned with point-light-source type sharpness, wouldn't
> you make your interpositive on FILM in the first place? As Mr. Beauford
> B. Fisher said in a magazine I bought at the APHS fair last week , "The
> transparent positive or diapositive results in the most perfect retention
> of all the delicate tone gradations." Etc. ("The Paper Negative Process,"
> Camera Craft, Nov. 1934.)

Sorry - I was under the impression that we were talking about film.
With a paper negative the size of light source would not make much
difference. With a paper negative the base would practically serve as
a diffuse light source when illuminated.

--greg

>===for PGP Key finger Greg Schmitz <gws1@cunix.cc.columbia.edu>===
:: ::
Key fingerprint = 73 D3 91 15 96 69 74 E5 14 51 71 44 C8 ED 01 11
Key ID: A7026B1D Key Size: 1024 bits Created: 1994/11/10