Re: gum bichromate

David Soemarko (fotodave@m-net.arbornet.org)
Thu, 29 Jun 1995 08:44:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 29 Jun 1995, Virginia Boehm wrote:

> Formaldehyde? Do you still use the nasty stuff? What I do (after I
> shrink the paper, and yes, I've had my best luck with Rives BFK) is
> size it twice with laundry starch - sprayed right out of the can and
> spread with a polyform brush! Its easy, its cheak, it works (My
> initial instructor in alternative processes used a dilute solution of
> Elmers glue!) I've tried gelatine, but why do complicated and
> potentially hazardous things when there is an easier way? See what a
> primative I am - I use sunlight for my "exposure unit" too!
> Gini

Gini, I would like to know how the laundry starch work out with
multiple printing? Does the registration work?

I believe Elmer glue has the same or similar composition with acrylic
medium (plastic medium which is water soluble before it dries). I don't
know about the permanence of it though, but I can check....

Dave Soemarko