Re: Construction of Bellows?

Sam Wang (stmwang@hubcap.clemson.edu)
Thu, 29 Jun 1995 12:49:33 -0500

>From: "J. Wayde Allen" <allen@boulder.nist.gov>

>I was wondering if any of you has tried folding your own bellows, and if
>so if you might have any tips? I know I can buy them, but recently got
>curious about how to go about making them. Actually, I've been thinking
>about building a view camera from scratch. Any ideas or help would be
>appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>
>- Wayde
> (J. Wayde Allen, allen@boulder.nist.gov)

After having made a number of bellows for myself, I wrote up a simple 2
page handout for my classes on constructing bellows. I'll be happy to make
copies for anyone wishing to give it a try. Just send me an SASE. If your
e-mail account can handle it, I can scan it in and send as a file (it has
some diagrams). It's not hard, but does take three hands. Easier route if
you just want bellows for a home-made camera is to call up Universal
Bellows and have them make you one.

Sam

Sam Wang e-mail: stmwang@hubcap.clemson.edu
Art Dept - Clemson University voice: 803/656-3924
Lee Hall, Clemson, SC 29634 FAX: 803/656-0204