Re: animals in film

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Sat, 8 Jul 1995 15:05:08 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 8 Jul 1995, Luis Nadeau wrote:
> not biodegradable... I remember reading a few years ago that Apple Computer
> had hired a firm to fill up a landfill with thousands of obsolete Lisa
> computers (the Mac's predecessor). Ten thousand years from now those
> computers will still be there.

The thing is, computers are too cheap. My son tells me he bought a 1.2
gigabyte (that's one point two gigabyte!!) harddrive for $225. That's
obscene! Let them cost, say, 25% more (according to bulk and materials) to
include the cost of recycling. Or the recycling should be tacked onto the
purchase price, like soda cans in NYC. Anyway, instead of all the flack
I've been getting for sticking with my old Mac Plus, I think I should get
an award.

Judy