Re: Reply to judy

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Thu, 27 Jul 1995 15:48:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 28 Jul 1995, Peter Marshall wrote:
> Yes, it is very important you use the special acetate - either for a
> laser printer or for a photocopier. One of my colleagues put some
> ordinary acetate into the copier the other day - the bill is likely to be
> several hundred pounds!

I have been mocked, and by some people on this list (who shall be
nameless), for my attempts to keep old equipment going. So when my ancient
(in this world 10 years old being ancient) Canon PC 25 melted some of the
un-kosher things I ran though it, I was able to open it up and pull out
the sticky mess thread by thread.

But for strictly business, not "art," I have certified "laser
printer" material that works very nicely. (Still doesn't do
midtones, though. As I recall, cost maybe $2 for 11x17 sheet,
which I cut in half -- not cheap for general copy uses, but cheaper than
linotronic apparently.)

Judy