Re: any photogravurists out there? (Just testing the distribution...)

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk)
Mon, 23 Oct 95 21:23 GMT

Anyone interested in photo-etching or photogravure, particularly those
working in education or otherwise interested in reducing the hazard to
health and/or cost, should have a good look at the methods introduced by
Keith Howard.

Safe Photo Etching for Photographers and Artists, Keith Howard, Wynee
Resources, 1991 ISBN 0-9695577-0-1

There are quite a lot of updates and improvements since the publication
of this - and I got a lot of material from a recent workshop. I imagine
new purcahsers of the book would also get some of this.

Since this book is not readily available, I will give details of how to
order it:

Wynne Resources Ltd, 11223-100 Ave, Edmonton, Alta. T5K 0JI

Cost of single copy is $24.95 + $2.95 post - they take Visa, Mastercard

I saw some interesting prints produced by this method at a recent
workshop I attended in London. If anyone in the UK wants to mail me for
details there may be a further workshop in the next few months by Jane
Reese and I can put them in touch with her. Keith Howard also regularly
gives workshops - and possibly others - enquiries to Keith at:
Keith Howard, Visual Arts Instructor, Grande Prairie Regional College,
10726 - 106 Ave, Grand Prairie, Alberta, T8V 4C4, Canada

Peter