Re: plyboy@teleport.com (Jim Spiri)

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk)
Wed, 8 Nov 95 19:30 GMT

> Peter, What a super idea! i.e. showing student half a dozen repros of
the
> same print. Mind if I borrow it? BTW where do you get the repros? Out
> of books perhaphs?
>
> R.W. Schramm

Feel free - I don't claim any originality on this.

I teach smallish classes and for something like that can just take in a
number of books and lay them out on a large table and we gather round
and have a good look then discuss them. There are some photos that are
in virtually every history as well as the monographs.

We are also fortunate that students can fairly easily consult the large
print collection of the Victoria and Albert Museum in London - a twenty
mile journey from us - to see original prints by the photographers they
choose to study as well as what happens to be on show in current
exhibitions.

Peter
petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk