Re: Carbon Printing

Stefan Stecher (sstecher@linux1.rz.htw-kempten.de)
Fri, 10 Nov 1995 15:24:31 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 10 Nov 1995 nadeaul@nbnet.nb.ca wrote:

> Good for you. I never had good luck fine tuning direct reversal negs.

It is necessary to add e certain substance to the first developer to get
good results with direct reversal negs but I don t know the englisch
expression so I have to look it up first.

> I think you are overexposing your pigment paper. Cut down exposure 30% or
> so and see what happens.

I am sorry but I did it. The image was lighter but prolonged
developement and heavy agitation to wash off the slime was needed as usual.

My personal problem could be that while exposure (10-14 minutes) the tissue
gets hot or at least worm, so a certain amount of hardening takes place in
the emulsion. This does not effect the fine result but makes printing
more troublesome I fear.

Relating to drying time: Keeping RH conditions constant seemes to be the
most important problem in carbon I fear, but thank you for let us
participate in your experience, and your comment about permanence of
gelatin!

Stefan Stecher, germany
stefan.stecher.@htw-kempten.de