Re: "out in the boonies" photogs

Henk Thijs (tys@masadm1.mas.eurocontrol.be)
Tue, 28 Nov 1995 16:39:27 GMT

Martine wrote:
>I live in the USA, however, we only have one camera shop in my city that
>sells darkroom supplies. They are very expensive and only service the
>"amateur" market. Many of us all over the country have come to rely on
>mail order, and there are many good suppliers out there. I'm sure they
>will ship overseas.
>Call these toll free numbers for catalogs:
>
>Calumet Photographic 1-800-CALUMET (225-8638)
>890 Supreme Drive
>Bensenville, IL 60106
>USA
>
>Freestyle Info:(213)660-3460. Orders only: 1-800-292-6137
>5124 Sunset Blvd.
>Los Angeles, CA 90027
>US
I contacted Freestyle and was treated very kindly by Eric Joseph. I even made
up an order for paper and film, but just for shipping an extra 40 US Dollar ,
plus the VAT of 20 percent , makes it of no use.
The 20 percent VAT is due for Holland, but I know that also for Belgium there
is a VAT of x percent.
By the way , the Kentmere can be ordered in Holland, and even in Genk there is
a pretty good photoshop, due to a school for photography in town.
greetings henk
The Netherlands