Re: Photogravure with photopolymer

Strange Ross (ross@axp.psl.ku.dk)
Sun, 31 Dec 1995 10:31:04 +0100

><< The new photogravure method, which is based on photopolymer rather than
>on
>copper as its substrate, was developed by the Danish lithographer Eli
>Poinsaing, and is described in detail in his book "Photopolymergravure: A
>New Method", Copenhagen: Borgen, 1995 (ISBN 87-21-00396-3, appr. $35.-;
>written in both Danish and English). The basic elements are as follows:
> >>

>It would be very interesting to have more details, particularly of the
>actual nylon resin concerned (and details of how to get it.)
>The process may be similar to that developed by Keith Howard (Safe Photo
>Etching for Photographers and Artists, Wynne Resources Lrd, 1991 ISBN
>0-9695577-0-1) which I and others have previously mentioned here.
>
>Peter Marshall
>petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk

Presumably there are a number of brands of photopolymer. The one I am using
is Toyobo Printight, Type KM 73R. In Denmark this is supplied by

Gordon Grafiske A/S,
Energivej 8,
DK-2750 Ballerup

and in England by

Nicoll Graphics Ltd.
4 Trafalgar Way
Erskine Street
Liverpool L6 1NA.

Normally, this material is used for industrial high-relief printing
(Flexoprint).

Strange Ross
ross@axp.psl.ku.dk