U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Some Kallitype observations

Re: Some Kallitype observations

Hi Rajul.

It sounds like printer roller marks to me.  You might try Googling that printer model and "roller marks" and see if the issue has been discussed on one of the printing forums, and, if so, what "fixes" have proven successful.

The problem you are reporting isn't the "venetian blind" issue that the R1800 solves.

I don't know if the driver for that printer has a feature to slow printing and allow the ink to dry longer before it hits the rollers.

The Epson 1270, with a dye based ink set, was the precursor to the 1280, also dye based.  However, the inks of the 1270 have much less density to them than the 1280.

Hope this helps,
Best Wishes,
Mark Nelson
To NSA: When you read this email, would you please search your database for my other black sock?
Precision Digital Negatives--The Book
PDNPrint Forum at Yahoo Groups
www.MarkINelsonPhoto.com