U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Call for Entries

Re: Call for Entries

Disparaging = Discouraging.

Nothing really to discuss here.

Jon

Katharine Thayer wrote:
>  Jon, I don't think anyone is discouraging anyone from posting a
> legitimate Call for Entry; Jon was simply commenting on the turgid prose
> it was couched in.  It's a bit presumptuous to assume that just
<snip...>

Jonathan Bailey wrote:

Huh?!? It *sounds* like English....
Does photo discourse on most campuses resemble this?? If so, things are
worse than I'd feared. It's disturbing to think students might be able to
translate this babble. Or, write a paper about it.
But, hey - what do I know?!?
Cheers,
Jon
www.jonathan-bailey.com
Tenants Harbor, Maine

> On Sep 4, 2006, at 2:52 PM, Jon Lybrook wrote:
>
>> The language in the requirements is prompting one to think about and
>> question norms and beliefs associated with photography as
>> documentation (a subject near and dear to me personally).  Being set
>> in one's beliefs is fine, but stagnates learning, potential, and new
>> ideas, which art and  culture needs to move forward and thrive, IMO.
>>
>> Besides, why on earth would we want to discourage people from posting
>> any reputable Calls for Entry to the list?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Jon

because