U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Some Kallitype observations

RE: Some Kallitype observations

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: RE: Some Kallitype observations
  • From: Loris Medici <mail@loris.medici.name>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 14:35:43 +0300

Thanks for the reply. I added 1ml 20% ammonium dichromate to 1lt 20%
Sodium Citrate and the problem totally cured. I can get paper white with
my setup and also I got rid of the coating stain.

"...for every 100ml of sensitized paper processed..." I don't understand
this. You mean 100ml of coating solution? This makes around 50-60 prints
with my usual image size (8" x 12"). I was planning to replace 200ml of
used developer with 200ml fresh / dichromate added developer on every 6
print. What do you think about this replenishment scheme? Do you find it
too conservative and/or wasteful?

TIA,