U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: > #2 Re: WAY OT! TEXT BOOKS

Re: > #2 Re: WAY OT! TEXT BOOKS

On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 12:05:13 -0700, "SteveS" <sgshiya@redshift.com>
said:

> At UCLA when we had our assignment to make an 8mm film, the tuition was
> $75
> for the trimester (not just yesterday, for sure) and my cost for the film
> was $1,250.  When I said to my grantor, if it was Law the cost for books
> would be greater than that.  They said: This isn't law.

My officemate is a JD and he said he spent about $300 per semester at
law school. I spent about the same for my undergrad. I also picked up
some of my grad school textbooks at medical school bookstores but people
were paying 300 or 500 or something of that order. I think common
perception of medical/law/engineering students pay a lot more for
textbooks is not very accurate.

On the other hand, it's very easy to spend a lot more for booze than the
books. Perhaps business majors spend the most. (Art majors I hang out
with bought cheap booze but spent the money for some other products,
all-natural or otherwise. I'm sure some other academics here can clarify
that aspect of life.)