U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Kallis on line

Re: Kallis on line

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: Kallis on line
  • From: Carmen Lizardo <carmenlizardo@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 07:59:19 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Rajul,
Words sometimes get in our way, when we want to speak
about art. Who knows why cave men decided to stop
meeting their basic biological necessities to go
inside a dark cave and paint?
Words do get in the way, but Corvit Fest has moved me
profoundly.

The beautiful, emptiness of the room with black birds
pecking on a pile of [debris, rice, dust??] on the
floor. The space is so quiet, Devoid of human life, or
maybe the humans have all turned into birds. Maybe
this photograph is so close to me because of my
feelings about war, death and desolation in the world.
 I can't help relating it to personal experieces on
the subject. Absolutely moving and wonderful.

There is a  Bach piece, Suite  number one for
Violoncello Solo interpreted by Anner Bylsma, it feels
just like this work.  Listen to it if you have a
chance. (it must be Bylsma interpretation though)
It will tell you more about what I mean than anything
that I can write.

I hope this doesn’t sound to melodramatic, but if it
does is okay,  I can excuse it by saying that  it is
cultural thing for me … :-)
 Thanks you so much for sharing your work.
Carmen