U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Reply to, was: Re: multi coating gum question

Re: Reply to, was: Re: multi coating gum question

In 1998 when I came online, my son set up the preferences or control panels or whatever for connecting the modem and getting mail, and in the process of doing that, he filled in the "reply-to" field with my address. When I came to the list, I was set up the same way John is; when people would reply to me, it would go to me instead of the list, and finally someone asked why I had it set up that way. I was bewildered; I didn't think I'd set up anything to make that happen. Some kind soul finally told me how to find the place where the "reply- to" had been set to my address, and to clear my address out of that field. Once that field was empty in my mail preferences, if anyone replied to a post I sent to the list, the replies would automatically go to the list instead of to me. So I'm assuming there must be something similar in Outlook Express.

And yes, this post is coming to the list because I manually changed John's address to the list address in the header of my mail. And as far as I can remember, John's has always been this way.
Katharine