U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Pablo Picasso's sculptures got x-rayed

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 13:45:37 -0400 (EDT), Ender100@aol.com said:
> Hmmm would Blue Cross cover some x-rays for my portfolio?

As long as you keep the number low enough so that they don't think you
must be dead after so many x-rays.

> My daughter once had a CAT scan of her brain done...then she got a copy
> of it
> and made a T-Shirt from it.   hehehehehe (like Father/Like Daughter)

Perhaps you mean MRI? CT scan is common in emergency and bone-related
diagnosis but unless she had metal objects surgically implanted in her
body MRI is more likely for brain. At least MRI makes more pretty image
of soft tissues like brain. MRI uses very strong magnetic field but not
x-ray or other high energy radiation. Of course Picasso's sculptures
wouldn't be allowed to bring to the scanner because of obvious
reasons... nails, etc. (CT would require a lot more radiation exposure
than a straight-forward x-ray, at least with current technology, but it
can be used without asking the patient if s/he had metal object
implanted in the body, etc., so that's used in emergency.)