U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Pablo Picasso's sculptures got x-rayed

Re: Pablo Picasso's sculptures got x-rayed

> They wouldn't perchance be gum printers, would they? hehehehe

*ahem*Chris*ahem*

Ryuji, I did a quick search for x-ray videos of people dancing, but to no
avail.  Frankly, I'm surprised you can't find something like that on
youtube; they've got pretty much everything else.

While we're on the topic of exchanging x-ray anecdotes...
Back in June (the peak of my radiography interest), I found a set of
instructions on the web (don't ask where...it's long gone by now).  These
instructions show you how to build an x-ray gun out of common household
materials...complete with diagrams.  Now, I have no idea whether they
worked or not; I had the good sense not to try it, as it didn't look very
safe.

Anyway, after sifting through about 8 illustrated pages, I got to the end,
where in very small text it said "Do not attempt to build this under any
circumstances.  The radiation produced by this device is dangerous."

I got a good laugh out of the fact that given this warning, these
instructions are still being published on the web.

Camden Hardy

camden[at]hardyphotography[dot]net
http://www.hardyphotography.net