From: Camden Hardy [mailto:camden@hardyphotography.net] Sent: 25 Eylül 2006 Pazartesi 18:42
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Re: Selenium-toning Van Dyke Brown prints

Jordan,

I've toned VDBs in Kodak's Selenium before, and I was actually quite
disappointed. I guess I just prefer the untoned colors for my VDB prints.

Camden Hardy

camden[at]hardyphotography[dot]net
http://www.hardyphotography.net

On Mon, September 25, 2006 9:06 am, Jordan Wosnick wrote:
Hi everyone,

I would be interested in hearing from people who selenium-tone their VDB prints.

I was prepared to be disappointed when I tried it (based on Wynn White's article on Unblinkingeye and posts on APUG) but was actually quite pleased. I used a tiny amount of Kodak Rapid Selenium Toner (literally a few drops in a tray of water) and toned after fixing. The colour change began almost immediately and eliminated the somewhat sickly reddish-brown of the VDB, pushing it much closer to a warm gray-brown.

Based on what I had read, I was expecting a huge amount of image reduction, but I didn't see much at all.

Anyone else tone their VDBs in KRST?

Thanks

Jordan

--