U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: brush vs tray size for gum

RE: brush vs tray size for gum

  • To: kerik@kerik.com, alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: RE: brush vs tray size for gum
  • From: Carmen Lizardo <carmenlizardo@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 12:51:12 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Chris and Kerik,
I would love to brush size my paper, specially because
use a full sheet of 22x30 inches when I print, and you
could only imaging how long that takes and how much
gelatin I need, but I can't seem to be able to get an
even coat, and mixing glyoxal and gelatin together is
out because I have to able to rise it off the gelatin
to prevent yellow stains.  Of course when I used Glut,
it was from black magic and that did not work. I also
felt it in ky eyes and throat and i not even the
sensitive type.  I am willing to try again, maybe with
a different glut?? Any pointers that you can give me
with the brushing??  I was thinking that it had to do
with the size of my paper. The gelatin gets hard
before I have time to cover the whole 22x30 sheet.
Thank you kindly,
Carmen