U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: gum and humidity (was: Measuring humidity)

Re: gum and humidity (was: Measuring humidity)

On Sep 29, 2006, at 8:15 AM, Katharine Thayer wrote:

On Sep 29, 2006, at 8:06 AM, Katharine Thayer wrote:

I agree that humidity should be factored into printing, although not many gum printers do, and there's at least one gum printer who has disagreed with me when I've suggested that humidity is a factor, and that there's no difference between printing times between high humidity conditions and low humidity conditions.

Ooops, left out a crucial word: it wasn't me suggesting that there's no different between high humidity conditions and low humidity conditions, but the person who was disagreeing with me. It should be clear in my experience, different humidity requires different printing times.
Good grief. When you can't even get the correction right, it's time to quit. I think my e-mail program is eating my words. At any rate, you get the jist. In my experience, different humidity requires different printing times, although there are those who disagree with me.