U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: fixing van dyke

Re: fixing van dyke

That type of test (potassium iodide solution) may be useful but you'll
probably have to recalibrate the amt and/or concentration of the testing
solution. With more dilute fixer the test becomes more sensitive if used
at theh same strength of the test solution (KI). Also, you want to take
a few ml's of the sample from the tray to a small test tube or vial and
add predetermined amount of the test solution. You don't want to add KI
to the tray solution because that may inhibit fixing. That is, you'll
have to establish a new way to do the test. I don't know if this is
useful... you might rather want to replace the solution frequently.