U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Non-nasal identification of 'off' gum arabic solution

Re: Non-nasal identification of 'off' gum arabic solution

Paul,

I really liked your tea tree idea! Just a little step towards 'green' gumprinting if it works. Skipping di-chromates and formaldehydes would be something different though.

Do you use watercolors or raw pigments? Watercolor tube paints have usually rather good preservatives in them. Just premixing your colors with a fresh gumsolution will make this 'colored' gum last much much longer. And keeping gumsolutions and mixed colors in the fridge helps a lot too.

kees