U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Non-nasal identification of 'off' gum arabic solution

Re: Non-nasal identification of 'off' gum arabic solution

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: Non-nasal identification of 'off' gum arabic solution
  • From: "Arcus, Paul" <Paul.Arcus@dsto.defence.gov.au>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 14:27:54 +0930

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryuji Suzuki [mailto:rs@silvergrain.org]
Sent: Thursday, 5 October 2006 2:10 PM
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: [Spam Detected] Re: Non-nasal identification of 'off' gum
arabic solution

>>I personally don't understand why people want yet another biocide
>>after knowing dozens of agents that are inexpensive, effective,
>>and easy to use. This topic came up many times but I've never heard
>>of a case where a new biocide enabled a new kind of photography or
anything...

As I indicated in the initial post I simply cannot source any of the
other biocides you refer to.
I gain no satisfaction from reinventing wheels and I'm merely trying to
use what is available to me.

If you can identify a source of thymol in Australia that can freight
small amounts to far north Queensland (FNQ) then please let me know.

Similarly if you know of a supplier of Dimezone-S that will deliver a
small quantity (100g or so) to FNQ; or somewhere in FNQ that stocks
sulphuric acid in amounts less than 5L, or somebody who will ship
Formalin to FNQ (apparently now banned), or even a supplier of sheet
film in FNQ, or how about a tiny amount of hydrofluoric acid for glass
etching (banned in Australia), or ...