U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Ink color for digital negs

Re: Ink color for digital negs

Loris, I think that's interesting about the paper negatives, since I've been thinking about paper negatives today. I used paper negatives for several years, after my old Photo Stylus EX got so it wouldn't make a decent negative on transparencies, but I've been using film since I bought a 1280 last winter. But I just came across a monochrome print I made a year ago from a paper negative, of a scene that I'm now printing in color from inkjet transparencies, and I realized that I like the print made with the paper negative ever so much better. There's something indefinable, some smoothness or creaminess of the tonal transitions and of the edges, that I just prefer. So maybe I'll be going back to paper too.

Also, I'm delighted that someone is experimenting with yupo. I thought it had promise but have never had the time to perfect its performance for me. I look forward to seeing your prints. Not sure I understand the FPG and FEB designations; these are different versions of the product?
Katharine