U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: OT question and Hello

Re: OT question and Hello

Welcome to the list!

Could you point us to a web site with examples similar to what you'd like to achieve, just so we are on the same page image-wise? Thanks.

It's not clear if you want to get this anamorphic look in-camera or if you're willing to play in Photoshop a bit. Hunt Witherill has done some stunning floral work in which he has "bent" the image structure using the Polar Coordinates filter (Filter>Distort>Polar Coordinates). You can see some examples at the following:

http://www.neartexpress.com/artist/Huntington_Witherill.html

If you are using CS2, there are also some new warping tools found in the Edit>Transform>Warp menu. Lots of fun and a great opportunity to waste time. ;^)

Hope this helps,

Dan