U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Darkening a Darkroom

Re: Darkening a Darkroom

Hi:

Be very carefull with black plastic - its often not opaque

You may be interested in

Black Out Static Vinyl 36x48" Roll

They say it can be put on a window and taken off repeatedly.

from Porters
http://porters.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=221212&Category_Code=D1H&Product_Count=19

(this link won't work if it split into more than one line)

A less expensive solutions - thick cardboard and duct tape.

or - use blackout fabric from a fabric store - this is a heavy opaque fabric
used to line drapery to make it opaque.  Might be able to use velco to stick
it in place.

Gord

--
Gordon J. Holtslander		Dept. of Biology