U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Darkening a Darkroom

Darkening a Darkroom

After lurking on this list for a long time, I'm finally forging ahead to
make my own prints.  So that I can get started, I am converting my laundry
room into a multipurpose laundry room/darkroom for alt-processes.  For those
of you who aren't able to dedicate a room full-time to alt-processes, what
techniques have you used to make the room dark?  Are there particularly good
materials for blocking light (possibly black garden plastic)?  Have you come
up with clever ways of attaching these materials so that they could be taken
down (or at least be unobtrusive) when needed?  I have a small window (which
can remain blacked out) and a door (which needs to be functional for laundry
too) to worry about.

Thanks so much,
Bill