U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: digital negative possibilities for gum

Re: digital negative possibilities for gum

Keith,

I use the same method and it works very well.  I usually use a setting for amount of between 8 and 12, but  it depends on the image and the image size & resolution.

I also set it to Monochromatic and use Uniform.

Filter>Noise>Add Noise

Oddly enough though, I like this method because it doesn't produce grain in the deeper shadows and blacks—it looks more natural to me.

Best Wishes,
Mark Nelson

Precision Digital Negatives - The System
PDNPrint Forum at Yahoo Groups
www.MarkINelsonPhoto.com
Military Commissions Act of 2006 - A STAIN on our Nation's History