U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: digital negative possibilities for gum

Re: digital negative possibilities for gum

While we're listing our favorite blending modes, I'm a big fan of Darken
and Overlay.  :)

I agree to some extent that you don't need to know exactly what each mode
does.  However, I'm willing to bet that having a good understanding of
blending modes will drastically improve your Photoshop work.  Once you
know what's happening under the hood, you can make adjustments to your
image according to your choice of blending mode, and not the other way
around.  This, in my experience, makes a huge difference.

Camden Hardy

camden[at]hardyphotography[dot]net
http://www.hardyphotography.net