U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: digital negative possibilities for gum

Re: digital negative possibilities for gum

Practically all of the really good authors on PS will tell what each blending mode does (except the ones from Dan Margulis, which is the best PS author for my taste but will not do it). For me the best explanations were from Martin Evening on "Adobe Photoshop for Photographers" and Katrin Eismann on "Photoshop - Masking and Compositing" . No, I´m not related to any of them ;-) .
Hope this helps,
Rodolpho Pajuaba

Camden Hardy escreveu:

While we're listing our favorite blending modes, I'm a big fan of Darken
and Overlay. :)

I agree to some extent that you don't need to know exactly what each mode
does. However, I'm willing to bet that having a good understanding of
blending modes will drastically improve your Photoshop work. Once you
know what's happening under the hood, you can make adjustments to your
image according to your choice of blending mode, and not the other way
around. This, in my experience, makes a huge difference.

Camden Hardy