U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: ferri sesquichlorati

Re: ferri sesquichlorati

Hi Francesc

If what you are looking for is highest sensitivity, that is usually given as
365 nm (I believe something in that area goes for most metals ? Although
several factors affect things... As usual)

I don't have everything here right now, for me this has been more background
studies..

Just very quickly put together, this is from something I did some years ago,
the top line shows the absorbency of ferric oxalate (in water), the
following lines/scanns are "during" exposure, each line, moving downwards,
is a doubling of exposure time.

http://photorelief.googlepages.com/ferricoxalate

I´ll take down that link in a week or so, are very slowly working on that
site...

(and before anyone asks, no; alcohol sensitisation of platinum printing is
not very practical, as the alcohol tends to evaporate :-)

Ammonium ferric citrate and oxalate have an almost similar absorbency
pattern. (and absorbency does not directly equal sensitivity).

Try google scholar, that would give better results for that kind of
searches, but a university library connection might help to actually get
hold of the search results.

I can recommend a couple of articles on this subject, but they are quite
heavy reading and are not about printing, contact me off list if that is
your taste :-)

Halvor