U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: How many gum layers (Re: ferri sesquichlorati)

Re: How many gum layers (Re: ferri sesquichlorati)

Disclaimer: Can´t keep up with the speed an with of this debate, but had
mostly written this, so...

Hi Katharine

To me what you write sounds like a mixture of the two approaches I
mentioned, which incidentally is exactly what I wanted to hear :-)

Thought that this probably would be the approach that utilised all options
in terms of creative printing (as opposed to making copies). But have not
seen a "formal" description of it.

The methods, as described in one of the books I have, assumes normal
negatives (that is "normal" as in grade 2 silver paper). I don't think that
is particularly important as one obviously can adapt things quite a lot.

I have more or less only been printing greyscales, as in lamp-black,
Stouffer and gelatine, for the last couple of years. The way I express
things may have become a bit scaled sort of... :-)

Halvor