U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Cyanotype on papyrus

Cyanotype on papyrus

I was inspired by the earlier papyrus thread to try this. Here's my first full sized attempt (8x10 negative) http://www.san-francisco-nudes.com/blogpics/cyopap2.jpg

It went smoothly. The only issue is that I dried it in a blotter book with some heavy books on top of it and found it very flat and just a bit limp in the morning so I let it dry the rest of the way on its own - mistake - it crinkled a bit and further pressing doesn't seem to have improved it. I guess I can wet it again, but in any case next time I'll leave it until it's totally dry.

Anyway, nothing really to add to the earlier discussion technique-wise but it seemed polite to show the results. :-)

Doug