U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Cyanotype on papyrus

Re: Cyanotype on papyrus

Doug,

Very nice first attempt.  I've taken on several other projects since my
initial papyrus adventures and haven't really thought about it since.
You've inspired me to keep going with my pt/pd on papyrus project.

I know exactly what you mean about the wrinkling; I have the same
troubles.  It took me a while, but I finally found that it's a delicate
balance of pressing and air drying that works the best.

My papyrus streched like a mofo when wet...does yours do the same thing?
Anyway, if I let the print dry completely in a press, the never compressed
back to its original size, which drastically reduced my dmax.  So, I ended
up letting the print air dry for about an hour, then pressed it overnight,
then air dried for a half hour, then pressed until fully dry.  Something
to try if you're feeling ambitious next time...

Thanks for sharing,

Camden Hardy

camden[at]hardyphotography[dot]net
http://www.hardyphotography.net