U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Ferric Oxalate or Ferric Ammonium Oxalate

RE: Ferric Oxalate or Ferric Ammonium Oxalate

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: RE: Ferric Oxalate or Ferric Ammonium Oxalate
  • From: Eric Neilsen <ejnphoto@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 18:27:03 -0600

Sandy, Yes the AFO is indeed a much better defined chemical than the FO,
which can vary all over the place. POP pt/pd prints can most certainly be
made. One thing that I seemed to see in prints made from negs that print
well with FO when using AFO, are prints that look a little hazy. That might
be OK, if you were making prints of foggy or moody scenes but for crisp
images, not so hot. It may also be a paper pH issue, where what works for FO
will react differently for AFO prints. It does have a shelf life after
mixing but last at least as long as FO if not twice as long.

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street
Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226