U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Ferric Oxalate or Ferric Ammonium Oxalate

RE: Ferric Oxalate or Ferric Ammonium Oxalate

Hi Eric,

I haven't done prints with FO other than few Kallitype tests so I can't
share personal experience w/ it as a sensitizer for Pt/Pd salts but I'm
quite sure that my prints don't exhibit any haze and/or highlight
fogging and/or low contrast. Probably yours is a paper/clearing and/or
negative DR problem - my usual coating mix gives me 29 steps in the
31-step tablet for instance (in other words my usual negative DR is log
2.9!).

I'm currently using the same AFO sensitizer that I mixed about 10 months
ago and it still works well without any fogging and/or speed change or
other negative effect. IME AFO is quite stable even when in solution -
you can almost think that it keeps indefinitely "especially when
compared to FO".