U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Uranium Nitrate (uranyl nitrate) - Australian source

Uranium Nitrate (uranyl nitrate) - Australian source

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Uranium Nitrate (uranyl nitrate) - Australian source
  • From: "Arcus, Paul" <Paul.Arcus@dsto.defence.gov.au>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 09:19:01 +1030

For fellow Aussies on the list Uranyl Nitrate can be sourced from Vanbar
Photographics,
(www.http://www.vanbar.com.au/catalogue/index.php then LHS menu
>Chemistry>Bulk).

The pricing for this is:
Photochem Uranyl Nitrate 10 gm
(Ref No: 05561-0010)   AUD Inc. Tax: $50.16    AUD Ex. Tax: $45.60
Export: USD 34.52

While they list an export price I would love to hear what happens when
someone actually tries to place an export order.

Alternatively if you live where I do (Townsville, far north Queensland)
you can always go to the nearby non-operational 'Ben Lomond' uranium
mine and collect your own. If uranotypes are too much trouble just
collect creek water near the mine to use as a print intensifier. Just be
careful of the crocodiles and remember to wear gloves ;-)

Bob,
I'd previously seen your uranium article on Unblinking Eye and would
like to try the process at some stage.
I'll have to make a trip up to the mine soon. Next birthday I'll have to
ask for some lead underwear.
Regards,
PAUL