U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: OT: corrupted .NEF files

RE: OT: corrupted .NEF files

Hey Keith,

I've done a good bit of digital capture over the past six years and the
one and only time I had a card problem was when I ejected a card from a
little pocket camera white it was still turned on. D'oh! Even then,
recovery software easily snagged all the images so no big deal.

Canon has been criticized because of their "feature" that turns the card
power off when you open the card access door. Some shooters don't like
this because, if they have shot a long burst, any images still spooling
to the card will be dumped when the door is opened. Personally, I think
it's a nice safety feature, though I might feel differently were I a
sports shooter.

Oh, remember the experts warn you to offload your images to your
computer before going to work on them. Apparently you are tempting the
corruption gods if you work off the card itself.

Hope this helps!

Dan

--
www.DanBurkholder.com