U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Mike Ware's POP Pt./Pd. Pt

RE: Mike Ware's POP Pt./Pd. Pt

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: RE: Mike Ware's POP Pt./Pd. Pt
  • From: EJN Photo <ejnphoto@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 14:31:14 -0600

Jordan, If you read Ware's papers and what is on his site, and compare them
to the package POP process of B&S called the Ziatype, you will soon see that
the basics are the same. Use AFO, humidify the paper, expose and process.

The cost of platinum and palladium are the same no matter which you choose.
You can use EDTA di and tetra sodium in all; Ware/Malde, Zia, and
traditional. Paper cost is the same.

AFO might work out to be a little cheaper; partly because it last longer
than FO. AFO is not very compatible with FOAM brushes so it makes good sense
to use rods and or bristle brushes like the "magic" brush.

Don't confuse an in depth science paper with a marketing manual, and you can
use any AFO system with ease.

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226