From: Sandy King [mailto:sanking@clemson.edu]
Sent: 10 Kasžm 2006 Cuma 08:23
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: RE: Mike Ware's POP Pt./Pd. Pt

One issue I have seen with a few of the AFO
PT./Pd. is small white spots, irregular in shape
and some larger than others, and all in the
shadows and lower mid-tones. I suspect that they
may be caused by the sensitizer separating from
the paper during exposure, or more likely when
the negative is separated from the paper after
exposure, perhaps due to moisture content. I use
a vacuum frame and the pressure, even though not
great, may cause the separation. With FO Pt./PD I
typically dry the coated paper only about fifteen
minutes and have never had this kind of issue.
With the POP process I am finding that there is
some risk of the white spots unless drying times
are much longer. As I mentioned earlier, I am
working in a room with RH of about 50-55%.

Of course, the problem might be something else,
such as something in the sensitizer or method of
coating. I am very new to this method of printing
and still trying to learn to recognizes the cause
of problems.