U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: alt video

Re: alt video

Hi David this is a very interesting question and one i have asked myself for many years,the only photo alt videos that i am aware of is one on gum by Steven Livick and one on Bromoil by Gene Laughter and in the UK there is also one on Bromoil by Norman Greerspert.The only reticence in making such a video that i can think of is that many of the practitioners give workshops and maybe they feel that this would be a conflict of interest for them.Also Kodak in the UK some years ago made a history of Colour video and it had a very youthfull Peter Fredrick demonstrating Gum and the Oil process.My Two Pence worth Dennis Klinker
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 8:19 AM
Subject: alt video

I've been lurking here learning from you all for awhile now, and getting my darkroom set up to try gum and platinum. A great wealth of knowledge here.
Since my background is film and video production, I've often wondered if there are any instructional videos dealing with alt processes. And if so, where can I find them. If not, then why not?
David