U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: spot tone

Re: spot tone

Something worth trying may be to get an ink stick and ink stone of the type used for Chinese calligraphy and try grinding your own ink combined with water. I'm learning Chinese calligraphy and found my first attempts at making my ink difficult to say the least, but the amazing thing was my results on paper bore a very strong resemblance to spot tone, especially at various dilutions and reconstitutions. You can find the ink sticks and stones in any china town or on line I'm sure. Good luck. -thom

Ryuji Suzuki wrote:
On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 21:24:47 +0000, "Liam Lawless"