To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Sunday, November 19, 2006 1:44 PM
Subject: WAY OT Re: Podcast, anyone...? (was Re: alt video)

it is my understanding that we have some academics in
this forum...i'd be very interested to hear their
input

does money = education...at least after the first job?

--- Katharine Thayer <kthayer@pacifier.com> wrote:

On Nov 19, 2006, at 7:52 AM, david drake wrote:

> I'm not sure what all the fuss is about it being
free; podcast
> listeners cannot receive any sort of credit for
the course and
> isn't that why one attends college anyway :) ?

Yes, I too found the question puzzling, because in
attending college,
people are paying for the degree, not the
information; sharing the
knowledge doesn't undermine the interest of the
university which
confers the degree. After all, the discoveries of
scientists have
been shared publicly for a long time without their
universities going
out of business as a result.

Katharine

http://www.cod.edu/
>> photo/curto/1105/index.htm
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "trevor
cunningham"
>> <tr_cunningham@yahoo.com>
video)

>>> ...and the link...(drumroll, please)...

>>>  "The optimist believes this is the best of all
possible worlds.
>>>   The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert
Oppenheimer

>>> ________________
>>> Sponsored Link
>>>
>>> $420k for $1,399/mo.
>>> Think You Pay Too Much For Your Mortgage?
>>> Find Out! www.LowerMyBills.com/lre
>
> david drake photography
> daviddrakephoto@sympatico.ca

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears it's true" - J Robert Oppenheimer

Sponsored Link

Don't quit your job - take classes online
www.Classesusa.com