U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: podcast

Re: podcast

I agree that audio podcasts of a technical nature provide little above
and beyond what the written word can do. On the other hand, for
interview and artistic discussion events, it can be very nice to hear
the actual voices, much like "live" radio shows from years back. I'm
actually part of an audio podcast that's being "taped" today.

Conference podcasts are better because you have a number of selected
individuals talking and sharing comments and ideas. This type of
exchange, even though technical, would be better than digging through
multiple email postings.

As for rendering the list redundant, the casual pick-and-choose nature
of the list should always have a following for threads that don't merit
the energy required with producing a podcast.

Video podcasts are terrific for getting across technique. Though the
name suggests they are made just for iPods (and the newest ones at
that), you can view them on any computer if you'd like.

The newest downloadable movies for iPods are higher resolution (480x600)
than the older 240x320 versions. I'm not sure if podcasts proper are
formatted to the higher res or not.

Just my $0.02.

Dan

--