U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Breathing Color Glamor II Giclee Varnish

Re: Breathing Color Glamor II Giclee Varnish

Dan,

Forgot to say that the HVLP sprayers can be either very expensive or cheap.
I got mine at a truck stop display of low end Chinese tools for under $30
for a small "touch up" gun. We've used it many times over 2 years with great
success. It may not be as good as the $300 units but it is a huge
improvement over the traditional guns. HVLP (for those not aware) is "high
volume low pressure". Much less air shoots from the gun and the media is not
carried away by the volume and velocity of the air stream. It's more like an
atomized squirt gun with enough air to move the mist toward the work.

Jack