U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Quality of Inkjet negs

RE: Quality of Inkjet negs

Philippe,

I agree with Eric here.  Using the 2880 setting does make a difference.
Other factors include resolution of the image (360ppi is recommended) and
Media Setting (different settings lay down different quantities of ink).

I've been using digital negatives for almost a year now.  I've seen
problems like the one you mentioned (among many others), and the fix has
always been a matter of adjusting the print settings.  A correctly printed
negative shouldn't show any grain on the Pictorico.

Camden Hardy

camden[at]hardyphotography[dot]net
http://www.hardyphotography.net