U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Ware/Malde-Ziatype-DOP palladium,was RE: "New" Paper for Pt/Pd (an

RE: Ware/Malde-Ziatype-DOP palladium,was RE: "New" Paper for Pt/Pd (and other iron processes, too)

Frankly inspection has never helped me a bit in printing with POP processes. The change in density on development, and the added consideration of dry-down, especially since both are impacted by humidity, just make visual inspection unreliable IMO.

Anyone for carbon transfer printing? As my good friend from England with the same last name said, it is so easy just leave it to the boy. Or something like that!!

Sandy

Clay's real life story makes an excellent point. Printing ziatype by
inspection is not the best way to print due to humidity changes. Printing by
time and using sheets of mylar to sandwich the paper and negative will
control the humidity of the print very effectively.

Don Bryant